Wednesday, December 31, 2014
For me, this has been a horrid year for writing and many other reasons too. I can't say I'm sorry to see 2014 go. However, I did accomplish my December goal of finding a teaching job. I'm thankful for that. And I'm trying to work through the writing slump I've been in lately to find my way back to the write path.
How was your 2014? What are your goals?
Monday, December 1, 2014
- Teaching - Okay. I've been keeping my mouth shut because you never know who may stumble across your blog and I didn't want to come across as negative to potential employers, but I believe for the first time ever I'm finding that a day job search can be as maddening as the query process. I've been subbing all semester and most of the schools I've been in have asked me back. Yet I cannot seem to get my own classroom! I want to teach English and I'm published, what else am I going to have to do?
- Sick- On top of the madness, I'm sick this week. Cruddy chest congestion, runny nose bad cough the works. I'm asthmatic, so it's a little bit of a concern. But I have a doctor appointment today, so hopefully we can nip it before it gets worse.
- House- We are in the process of buying a house. Again. We have an inspection in a couple of days and hopefully it goes well, because I love this house. It looks a lot like our old house, with more space!
- Writing Woes- Next week on Unicorn Bell, I'm doing a theme on writerly woes. Things you wouldn't usually say in the blogosphere, but we all struggle with. It would be super helpful if you left some of your woes in comments.
- Success- As a writer, how do you judge it? I really want to know. Are you looking for a certain sales number or Amazon ranking? Some days I feel like I'm getting somewhere and other days I feel like I need a map to find somewhere.
So that's me this week. What's up with you?