Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Insecure Writers Support Group

The only thing I'm feeling insecure about today is finishing my WIP. It's my first ever adult manuscript, which makes it hard because I'm not sure if the voice is right. But more than that with everything that's been going on, I can't write for a long at a time. I so wanted to finish this project by January, which is looking implausible if not impossible. I definitely don't want to be working on it past February. It seems like when you don't finish something rather quickly it tends to get stale--or at least to me it does.

Special thanks to Alex for organizing this.

5 comments:

  1. Hello, I'm new here - part of the Insecure Writers Group. You are great at pushing yourself! I've never been good at goal setting. its more about routine for me - but hey, I haven't accomplished much as far as writing goes. I write every most mornings 4 to 6 hours a day. but I have yet to finish my book. good luck with your adult manuscript! Best, Shannon aka Green Monkey

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hard thing for me with time limits is that the more I push the slower I go. That's what comes from being such a rebellious soul. I seem to have to let it percolate and flow out. I can't force it. Oh I can, but it's crap. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've nailed the reason why I haven't written an adult novel even though I had planned to. I'm not sure I can get the voice right. Sad huh, considering how old I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That happens to me, too; if I don't finish something quickly enough, I'll lose interest.

    Good luck with your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. True, it is hard to leave stories in that unfinished state. But I also believe that it allows the story to marinate as well and that can be a very good thing. Time away from a story helps put it in perspective. And we can't rush art, right? No worries. It'll happen.
    btw I love the pixie dust that moves with my cursor on your site. :)

    ReplyDelete