Misha Gericke and myself.
When we started this blogfest, my goal was to write a million words and make a million dollars. After my unproductive 2014, I've decided to focus on smaller stepping stones this year. However, I'm finding even that difficult. Mostly because I've started a new day job and most days I'm working like 12 hours and putting additional hours on the weekend. The good news is I work with books, writing and language a lot during the day job. The bad news is after an 11-12 hour day, I'm exhausted and don't feel like writing. In the morning before work, I'm exhausted and don't feel like writing.
I've been working on a children's story for a month now. And it's not done. I have learned that if I can start writing in 20 minute sprints, I might get somewhere again. I can write about 400 words in 20 minutes, so pulling even one or two 20 minute sprints a day would make a contribution to my day count. There was a time when 400 words a day seemed like someone who didn't take writing serious to me, and now I just hope to hit that. But I only managed to get 20 minute sprints in a few times.
So that's me. How are your goals coming along?
Monday, February 16, 2015
- HELP!!!! - If you happen to be a Mommy writer who also works full time, please give me advice about how you do it. Lately, it's like I either decide to be a parent or a writer, but I can't be both. Since I can't abandon my child, my writing loses out every single time. Advice. Please.
- Children's Story- Yes, I'm still working on the children's story I mentioned the last time I posted. I didn't blog last week because I had a massive asthma attack a week ago today. I was out of school due to the asthma attack, and the sub my kids had got them way behind. So it was crazy catch up.
- Writing Class- The Ohio chapter of RWA has asked me to teach a class this summer, so I will be teaching the blurb writing workshop again in July. Right now, it's the only one I'm planning for the year since teaching young people is taking so much of my time right now.
- Gross- I seriously look gross. I cannot remember when I last had time for a hair cut. I'm off work today and trying to decide if I should write or get my hair cut and my brows waxed. I should write. I worked six hours Saturday to be able to write today.
That's what I have going on this week. What's up with you?
Monday, February 2, 2015
- Goals- So one of my goals was to blog five days a week and stay better connected this year. yeah. So far, that's not happening.
- Children's story- I'm up at 4:00 am to finish my children's story. But I just remembered it's my week on the group blog, so that might not happen either. I need to get this story done, so I can plan what I'm working on for the rest of the year. Blah.
- Health- Because I don't have enough to do, I've decided to joing weight watchers and a gym this week. (I've been woring about 11 hours/day).
That's my week? What's up with you?