Tuesday, December 8, 2015

New Policy

So there will be a big change in my life coming soon. It isn't writing related, and it won't be a big deal to any of you. But for me it's huge. It will make a positive difference in my life. And so I am back. I should have time to blog again.

And I've decided to make this first post a policy--a commitment for me--The only day of the week I will be on facebook or twitter from now on is Tuesday, with the exception of linking blog posts. But Beth, you need to network. You have to connect with readers. You need those sales. That's all true, but I did that for years from my blog. I'm aware the world and the social media landscape has changed, but I haven't changed. I love love love connecting with my readers. I think every reader who has ever sent me an email has gotten a prompt personal response back. But those social media interfaces are time sucks. The blogosphere offers me things: craft advice, marketing advice, how-to tips. Facebook offers me political gifs which I may or may not agree with, and really can't do anything about either way. That being said, I do want to stay in touch with the friends I've made on these venues. On Tuesday. Since I'm only going to be on social media on Tuesday, I'm also committing to three posts a week here, but I can't promise which days or what the posts will be about though I'm expecting to see reviews return.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your new commitment. I've definitely revamped my blogging since I began a few years ago. You're correct that the social landscape has changed. Guess we have to adjust.

    ReplyDelete