Wednesday, April 11, 2012

J = Julie & Julia

The A-Z blogging challenge is being hosted by Tossing It Out. My A-Z selections are a Beth's Pick unless otherwise noted.


Confession: I've never actually read this book. New confession: I don't really regret that. 


So how did it make to a Beth's pick? Well, I watched the movie and while I never got particularly engrossed in the story line it did inspire blog, kind of. I actually already had a blog. It was horrible.

I started blogging to improve my writing. I thought that writing everyday would help. (It does). The problem was I had a boring life and a job I hated. I did nothing interesting and divided my time equally between organizing evidence and complaining about organizing evidence. Those first few blog posts were painful. They were hard to write and even harder to read. Fortunately only a week or two into my new year's resolution of blogging I saw this movie, and I knew I needed a project so I would have something to write about.

I don't have a lot of talents. The project had to be something I could do, and I was not about to cook fattening French food for a year. I decided to do 52 book reviews in a year. I got the hang of blogging and start mixing writing posts with my book reviews, then author interviews. I learned how to blog! So while I've never read the book, and probably won't, Julie & Julia is a Beth pick. It inspired the first P-52 and the fun I had that year inspired this P-52 (which I'm totally behind on so wish me luck).

3 comments:

  1. I've never read the book nor seen the movie, but I'm going to have to keep it in mind. It might be interesting since it's about blogging, and I have heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess if the book hadn't been good enough the film wouldn't have been made and you would have seen it. Since you did it still inspired you to write book reviews but in a roundabout way, instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great idea. I never read the book or saw the movie. The males in my family have brainwashed me so that I no longer enjoy chick flicks. We watched Real Steel last night for example...and I enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete