- Inciting Incident-- Katniss volunteers to take Prim's place, and Peeta is chosen for the hunger games.
- First Turning Point-- During the training session, Katniss shots an apple out of a roasted pig's mouth which shocks the gamemakers and secures her a high score.
- Second Turning Point-- The games begin.
- Midpoint-- Rue (the young girl Katniss has allied with) dies and the gamemakers announce there can be two winners this year if they're from the same district. She and Peeta can both live.
- Third Turning Point-- Katniss & Peeta face Cato, the last remaining tribute, and a pack of genetically engineered wolves at the center of the games.
- Climax-- The gamemakers announce there can only be one winner, so Katniss and Peeta decide to both eat poisonous berries and beat them at their own game.
- Resolution-- The gamemakers announce that both Katniss and Peeta are winners before they actually eat the berries. They spit out the berries and go home victors. Except some crazy stuff they didn't know about happened while they were in the games, but that's another book.
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Plot Point Tuesday: The Hunger Games
With A-Z over plot point Tuesdays are back! (If I miss next week, you can assume I'm in labor). This week we're breaking down The Hunger Games, and I had a hard time with this one. It's got a complex plot and subplots. If you think I'm wrong, I probably am. Feel free to correct me in the comments.