Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Insecure Writer's Support Group

The Insecure Writer's Support Group is hosted by Alex J. Cavanaugh.

Boy, do I have insecurities today. My debut for full length fiction and for YA will be released September 1, 2013 by Escape, an imprint of Harlequin. I'm already worried about releasing. Will it sale? What if it doesn't? What's the best way to market it? So many questions.

I'm about to re-send my agent the next book. I sent it after rewriting it, getting a critique, and revising. Then another reader sent me an email that she had notes for me, so I contacted my agent and told her I would re-send. I'm nervous because the first time I hired a freelance editor and this time I can't. But so far my readers have been very positive. And then the second book goes on submission...

I'm writing an unrelated novel right now and for the first time in forever I got hit w/ writer's block. Years--it's been years since this happened. I decided to spend this week reading and try the writing again next week. I want to write 3 books this summer, and I'm not sure it's going to happen. I'm going back to school this fall and keep having random nightmares about failing. I'm sure I won't, but still it's added stress and I'm worried about how much writing and marketing time I'm going to have once school starts.

What about you? What are you insecure about today?

3 comments:

  1. Everyone needs a break once in a while. I'm sure you'll be refreshed after reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a person with deep feelings, Beth. I can tell. Don't let your anxiety get the better of you. You have the talent, never doubt yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot at once!
    And three books this summer? I'm impressed. It took me five years to write three. No wait, even longer.
    September 1 will change your life forever and in a good way!

    ReplyDelete