Wednesday, February 3, 2016

IWSG 2016 #2

It's hard to believe it's been a month since IWSG. But it has.

A month ago, I told you about how in 2013 it seemed like my career was about to take off and instead it plummeted. I'm about halfway through a round of revision on my thesis novel. I've added 3000 words and I'm still 14,237 short of 75k. Blah.

So I'm looking for places to add words.

When I finish this round of revision, I'm going to revise a YA I wrote a couple of years ago and find 10 small presses to query. I do not want to self publish YA anymore. Adult romance, yes. YA, no. Does anyone know of a small press with good distribution?

I'm also supposed to be submitting to woman's world monthly as one of my goals. But I don't have a story idea. I think this month if my insecurity were to be summed up in one word it would be this: Production.

Do you know of a good small press? Any short romance ideas you can lend me for my woman's world goal? What is your insecurity?

5 comments:

  1. I hate it when I can't come up with story ideas. That's so frustrating. I hope 2016 is a better year. No thoughts on the small presses. I would go on Amazon and look over YA books that look appealing and see who published them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when I can't come up with story ideas. That's so frustrating. I hope 2016 is a better year. No thoughts on the small presses. I would go on Amazon and look over YA books that look appealing and see who published them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Elizabeth, check out other books you like and see who published them. As far as story ideas go, I always like an anti-hero plotline. Don't ask me why. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah this kind of thing happens. Sometimes I just have to get out in the world and something will come to me. Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes reading something in what I'm wanting to write helps me come up with ideas. So getting a stack of Woman's Worlds and reading a bunch of story may be just what you need to get those going.

    ReplyDelete