Wednesday, May 1, 2013

IWSG: Terrified

The Insecure Writer's Support Group is hosted by Alex J. Cauvenaugh.

And today I'm terrified.  I'm kind of terrified of the editorial letter to come. Also, I advertised for a CP too soon. While I've been reading and getting feedback to her timely, I haven't provided my pages. First technical problems interferred with my deadline then I found new problems with the book that need to be fixed. So I feel bad that the book will be so late she may have other things to do by then. Also, I should be getting said book to my agent in a week or two, and I'm so worried. What if it isn't as good as the first one? Also, I can't afford to hire a freelance editor this time which I did for the first one, so I'm really hoping my CP and I catch all of the typos/grammatical errors.

So what are your insecurities today?

3 comments:

  1. Beth, you're not the only one who's ever been late. I feel for you. I understand and can relate. Most days I feel the same way. Thank God for IWSG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, I'm sure your editor is just backlogged. Don't worry :-)

    My insecurity of the day? Wishing my Amazon sales rankings didn't take such a killing after a Tuesday. New titles are released, and older titles feel the pinch (even if they're only 2 weeks old, LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are my insecurities...oh dear. Too many to count. But as my book flounders out there in its quest to entice an agent, I guess I worry that the one I'm writing now won't be better. Oh well, I guess there's always the one after that.

    ReplyDelete