Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Digital Deals - Help Me Out

Hey all,

I'm working on a post about digital deals. So far they seem inherently bad for writers. You think you're having your dream come true only to realize you've been suckered into a deal that puts all of the risk on you and none of it on the publisher. This often comes with next to nothing in terms of editorial and marketing support. But it could be, I'm just listening to the wrong people. So I want to know from you. Have you ever signed a digital deal? Did it come with an advance? Did your publisher actively market your book? How so? How as the editorial support? Were you impressed by the cover? Would you sign another digital deal with your publisher? Was the contract fair? If you don't want to leave this in the comments feel free to shoot me an email bethfred08@gmail.com.

Also, if you haven't signed up for my blurb writing class, there is are still slots open. You can sign up here. This is the method I used to query with a 50% full request rate.

3 comments:

  1. I love my digital publishers. I have received both marketing assistance and editorial guidance. No advance, but I'm okay with that. LOVE LOVE LOVE my covers. And yep, I would and have signed multiple contracts.

    ReplyDelete