Thursday, October 24, 2013

Big Dreams Blogfest

Today is the Big Dreams blogfest hosted by Misha Gericke and myself. Misha dreams of making $7500/month in royalties in five years time. And I dream of being a millionaire. This blogfest is so we can all support each other and be accountable for creating a plan to obtain our dreams, however small or large.

And I'm so thankful for this bloghop today! Why? Well, because until Misha reminded me it was time to post, I didn't realize it was this week. It gave me a post. More importantly, it gave me a kick in the butt. I had already finished my draft of Perfect Harmony last week which gave me 63,130 words to deposit in my bank toward a million. (If you look at my expert counter on the side you can see I'm almost half way to a million). And I'd started to make agent revisions on the manuscript I completed in June, Finding Hope. But I thought there was still time in October, so I hadn't began to update social media or format The Other Marlowe Girl for nook or smashie. Getting Misha's reminder made me make time for that. I updated my email signature and the cover widgets on my blog today. I attempted to update my twitter background with the A Missing Peace cover but it turns out the current cover just looks better as a background. I did get TOMG formatted for smashie though I never quite got accepted to the premium catalog and I got it up on B&N. In addition to this I've made good progress on FH edits. So my goal is to finish my read through tomorrow. (I'm writing this on Thursday night). Then go back in the first 90 pages and mark one character's behavior problems that I didn't realize was a problem until 90 pages in. After that, I'll send it to my cp, and finish reading a friend's book over the weekend for a review. My plan for next week is to start self editing PH and hopefully have that in the hands of a first reader by the time my cp gets FH back to me.

So when we see each other next month I might not have as much to report, because I plan to finish my daughter's baby book before I start drafting my next book. But I hope to have both Finding Hope and Perfect Harmony revised. I hope to have Finding Hope sent to my agent and Perfect harmony ready to go to my agent as soon as we know what's going to happen with FH.

So that's me? What are your goals/plans for this month?

22 comments:

  1. Look at you getting all the things done. And agent edits haven't killed you off yet? Sounds like a winning month to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agent edits are tough. If my cp can't help me they might kill me.

      Delete
  2. I read something about the last minute being my most productive time and i was so there with it....this is it. well done...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowee - you're doing great things! Your writerly action is an inspiration to others (like, me for e.g. :D).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But next month there won't be as much on my list because I'm taking time off to make my daughter's baby book.

      Delete
  4. Oh my, you are kicking goal bootie. Awesome Beth. :)

    http://shahwharton.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but next month will be less impressive.

      Delete
  5. This is a busy month, isn't it? Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha glad my blogfest gave you some extra motivation! Sounds like you're getting a ton finished. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm out of breath just reading about everything you're doing. You are really inspiring. My ambitions aren't as grand as yours (I just wanna make it to tomorrow! lol), but I think it's important to have a plan. It's like having an outline - you can change it as you go, but it's great to for giving you a goal and a direction. Good luck with everything! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I finished the edits of FH I can do on my own and sent them to my cp like thirty seconds ago! Ha!

      Delete
  8. You're amazing, Beth. You make me feel lazy with all you're accomplishing right now, as well as taking care of your baby. Best of luck with your goal. I have no doubt you'll reach them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty Beverly. I feel like i'm not paying enough attention to the baby, so that's why I'm taking time off to make her baby book before I start another novel. ...And when I do that will be The Last Marlowe Girl!

      Delete
  9. You have a lot on your plate and are doing remarkably well. Rah rah! If we can dream it, we can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best of luck, Beth! I know you can do it -- you're a hard worker!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are doing really well. Interesting you have two goals that involve a million. A million words and a million dollars too! I'm here because I'm taking part in the Five Year Project too. My goal is a little less ambitious. I just want to get ONE book published.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! You've got a lot going on. :) I'm almost to a million written words too! I think about it every now and then and realize how close I am. My writing better be impeccable by then. LOL

    Me, I'm just trying to keep focused on launching my book next month. Feels like I'm barely keeping my head up, but no worries. :)

    ReplyDelete