Friday, October 4, 2013

Star Cursed

"With the Brotherhood persecuting witches like never before, a divided Sisterhood desperately needs Cate to come into her Prophesied powers. And after Cate's friend Sachi is arrested for using magic, a war-thirsty Sister offers to help her find answers—if Cate is willing to endanger everyone she loves.

Cate doesn't want to be a weapon, and she doesn't want to involve her friends and Finn in the Sisterhood's schemes. But when Maura and Tess join the Sisterhood, Maura makes it clear that she'll do whatever it takes to lead the witches to victory. Even if it means sacrifices. Even if it means overthrowing Cate. Even if it means all-out war.

In the highly anticipated sequel to Born Wicked, the Cahill Witch Chronicles continue Cate, Maura and Tess's quest to find love, protect family, and explore their magic against all odds in an alternate history of New England."

I loved this book. I've seen a few negative reviews, and I don't know why. I have to say in my opinion it's better than the first. Now it may have been I started with extremely low expectations, (and I did--something happened at the end of the first book that made me so mad I threw it). But Spotwood's engaging voice made this another quick read. The romance and action were both there almost from the beginning and things are really starting to progress. I can't wait for the third and final installment, but it won't be out until August of 2014. So so sad. I hate the amount of time between the release of these books. This book referenced things from the first book I couldn't remember, and I'm sure the third will make references that I won't catch as well. I give this 5 stars.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting concept, but I never heard of the books before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Misha you must check these out if you like pnr. They are set in an alternative history where the mid-east is progressive and US is being ran by a group of religious extremists called "The Brotherhood." And they are well written.

      Delete
  2. the length of time between releases is such a problem, IMO. I loved the first book, but I don't remember much about it. That's painful obvious just from reading the description of this book. I'm sure I'll still pick this one up though. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read this series. I swear I have so many books here, both paperback ARCs and ebooks on my Kindle. I need more time! lol

    ReplyDelete