Thursday, April 7, 2016

Make Money Writing: F=Flash Fiction, Freelance

April is all about making money writing. Flash fiction and freelance work are a couple of ways.
Flash fiction is awesome for a couple of reasons: 1)short 2) can pay well. Those are good enough reasons for me. We talked about Duotrope earlier. It's a good place to find markets for flash fiction. For romance, I think Woman's World is awesome flash fiction market at $800 for 800 words.

Freelance work can be another good way to make money writing. You can use sites like elance to search for things that interest you from article writing to ghost writing.

Do you freelance? Have you ever sold flash fiction?

4 comments:

  1. I spent the first month and a half of 2016 trying my hand at ghostwriting erotic romance. It was interesting to say the least. I enjoyed the projects I completed (and bonus! I got paid) but eventually I realized how much I missed telling my own stories.

    So I don't think freelancing is for me long term. Short term, yeah, maybe I'll pick it up again in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found freelance work to be exhausting, because when I wasn't writing for a client, I was looking for work. But it was flexible so I could be at home with my kid.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I never knew you could sell flash fiction O.o I do freelance though, sometimes. Mostly gaming-related texts.

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    The Multicolored Diary
    MopDog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an interesting avenue to make somemoney while you write. Like you said, FlashFiction cuts the best deal because it is short and punchy. I would like to try, not for long term, but as an earning hobby probably. Its a nice theme you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete