Monday, May 9, 2011

Project 30

Most of you know my first blog was Project 52. I adored it. Not only did I adore it, I learned so much from it. I have a B.A. in English, and I think I learned more from reviewing 52 books last year and interviewing authors than I did in four years of college. And it was so much fun!

I didn't worry about what attracted traffic. I posted my book reviews, author interviews, and whatever else I wanted. I loved it! I finished my 52nd book review hours before midnight on new year's eve. It was so exciting. I'm a law school drop out, so it was the first time I finished something since college. More than that it was something I could be successful at not contingent on any outside factors. I quit posting book reviews, because an agent said if you didn't like of their clients books, they wouldn't represent you. I work too hard o my work to lose opportunity because my book reviews are honest (and people seemed to appreciate it).

I don't care anymore. We're in a field that thrives on diversity and subjectivity. Not every book is going to be for everyone. And I love doing book reviews, and I like having a goal. I want an agent, bad. Other than writing the story in my head and revising it fourteen million times, there isn't a lot I can do about this. I would love to be published, and again once the book is written that's out of my control. So I'm starting Project 30 today. How did I pick 30? I have no idea. I just knew it was too late in the year to try to review 52 books. But Project 30 starts here. Grab the button and join me. You won't regret it by the end of the year. Promise.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I have no idea how many books I read in a year. It's a lot. But I don't usually write reviews. Only on occasion. I can't wait to read them though!

    ReplyDelete