Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rules of Attraction Book 3

Even though I loved Perfect Chemistry, I did not go into this book with high expectations. I read it to find out what happened next, but I wasn't sure I'd like it. I actually really loathe sequels that are not about the MCs in the previous book. However, I loved Rules of Attraction.

Even after I started reading it, I really didn't think I would. Kiara is a white girl from an upper middle class family, and Alex's little brother is in gang/drug trouble. Reminiscent of the first one, anyone? But even from the beginning I liked Kiara better than I liked Brittany, and it becomes obvious pretty quickly that they aren't the same girl.  The other thing is I became as interested in Kiara and Carlos as I was in Brittany and Alex. Also, Brittany and Alex pop in and out, so that was interesting.

The story really takes on a life of it's own, and it's not a repeat of the first book. It's a great book with similar alternating povs and cultural issues to the first. I give this book 5 stars.

2 comments:

  1. thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! I loved PC, LOVED IT! And I'm afraid to read the second book... i just don't think it could live up to its predecessor... but your review gives me hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece was cgenot, well-written, and pithy.

    ReplyDelete