Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Promote 52

This blog has always been a learning tool for me, and in 2012 I realized that the thing I need to learn the most right now is how to build and maintain relationships. I'm not shy exactly, but I have a hard time talking to people I don't know. I'm not likely to approach someone, and that's been a real hindrance in promoting myself whether it be a book or the blog.

So I've decided I'm going to learn to approach people this year, and to help me with this my new year's resolution is to promote you! That's right. I'll publish your guest post, reveal your cover, interview your MC, anything you think will help your book sale. The only catch is that fiction must be PG-13 and nonfiction is limited to books on craft and/or marketing. (It doesn't even have to be marketing for writers, if you can make it apply). I hope you take me up on this offer!

Also, Wed will be query critique day. As long as I have willing participants, I will post your query with my critique at the bottom and allow other critiques in the comments. This way you will at the very least get my critique, and I'm teaching query classes this spring. But I've found critiques on this blog very helpful when querying and I'm sure you will too.

P.S.
I've started a new blog, Health Blasts That Last. My husband and I are learning ballroom dancing this year to help us get in shape, and I've been forced against my will to get off sugar. Rather than boring readers who may not care about health issues, I've created a new blog for healthy living. If you are remotely interested, I'd appreciate if you checked it out. I'm getting healthy because I have to, not because I want to, and that is scary. Support is appreciated.

14 comments:

  1. Ballroom dancing! That sounds like a lot of fun. Good luck with it, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, here's to healthy living, and having fun dancing! For New Year's Eve, my hubby and I went dancing to a live orchestra. It was hokey and hilarious and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a fun way to spend the new year!

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to reading the critiques and guest posts in the new year. :)

    Ballroom dancing is so cool to watch. I hope you have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your goals, especially your health goals

    ball room dancing -- such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oo ballroom dancing sounds like a blast! Hope you have fun with that.
    And you know, giving back to the community is the best way to connect with others, so you're on the right track for sure.

    Happy new year, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Years! And thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
  6. That's a great way to go about it. I'm shy in person, but seem to do okay online. I think it's always smart though, to say 'here! I'll help you!' Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm awkward both in person and online. LOL. Hopefully this will give me a starting point to learn to socialize.

      Delete
  7. That's very generous of you - and a great way to build relationships. If you're shy in person, you could try chit-chatting with one random person whenever you go out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I'll try to do this, but I may have to get braver first.

      Delete
  8. Awesome idea! I've been doing an Indie Monday promo feature on my blog, which has been a ton of fun. I've loved meeting new authors and reading new books I might never have found otherwise. I'll definitely shoot you an email when I release my next story, and of course I'd be happy to promote your stories on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great. And I do like your indie Mondays.

      Delete