Thursday, July 26, 2012

Where She Went Book 20

Woo-hoo! Only 32 books to go. Hopefully, I can do it.


It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night....

And this was a new experience for me! I've never read a sequel and actually liked it MORE than the book. There it is. I said it. Where She Went is better than If I Stay. 

When I finished If I Stay, I thought I'd probably read the sequel some time. I liked the characters enough, but not right away. Then I read the first chapter of Where She Went and immediately bought it on my kindle because book stores were closed. It's a longer book than If I Stay, but I read it quicker. 

Adam has a great voice. (This one is from his pov). He is the best guy in YA, and I like that the characters are older in this one. I've been rallying for college aged YA protags since 2010. Ironically, I think there is more conflict in this one. Most of the book is still flashbacks, but Adam and Mia see each other for the first time in three years. He's still desperately in love and she seems to have moved on, or maybe not. And you're working your way through this journey with them. And you really want it to end well. And lots of minutes I was afraid it wouldn't--or at least not the way I wanted it to. I heart this book Five stars.

5 comments:

  1. College age MCs actually fit in the New Adult category. If you like that age, Beth, you should check out some New Adult titles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too loved this book WAY more than If I Stay. It was one of my favorite books ever, actually. So glad you enjoyed it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the first book in the series, but now I'm psyched to try it out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Big change from the last book, huh? It's great you champion New Adult and that you found the ending satisfying. Fun post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, another mention of the NA! This is going to be interesting. I've written an article about the stir it's causing and it will be on Rach Writes in August.

    Congrats on only having 32 more books to go. Yay!

    ReplyDelete