Dude. It has been such a long hard month that I don't even remember what my goals were, but I think it's safe to say they didn't get accomplished. I think one goal was to survive my MFA residency, which I have done so far. Although, I have to say some aspects of it have been very uncomfortable. Yesterday, I sat in on a critique in which someone's narration was referred to "as very Jesus on the cross." People seemed to be bothered by this, and when I mentioned I was glad the young girl in the story seemed to know she didn't want an abortion, a well published author laughed. It made me wonder if it's easier for certain viewpoints to get published than others.
I think my goals for this month are to find a job, finish the funnel project, and write 30 pages of secret Project. I feel like that last one will get done, because it's a requirement for school.
Saturday, June 27, 2015
Monday, June 15, 2015
- Blurb Writing- There are a few slots left in my blurb writing class. You can sign up here.
- Plotting- I have got to get my super secret thesis novel plotted. Residency is next week.
- Critiques- Likewise, I have 9 critiques to get through this week.
- Weight loss- I haven't talked about it on the blog before, but I'm going to start because I sometimes feel like the blogosphere is the most support I have. I need to lose 50 lbs. for health reasons. I joined Weight Watchers and so far am up 5! Last week, I added a few dance classes to the mix hoping that would help. But it's hard to find time to both work out and write. :(.
- Funnel Project- I'm really hoping to have this written, revised and packaged in time for the blog tour, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen. Getting up at 5 am to write is hard and lately that's the only writing time I'm getting.
Wednesday, June 3, 2015
Monday Mishmash on a Wednesday
Yeah! I know I'm a couple of days late on this. This week has been full of doctor appointments since I didn't have time to do those kind of things during the school year.
- Summer session- I must be insane. In addition to the adult class I'm teaching in July, I'm teaching an intensive English summer course for a college prep school.
- Anxiety- I've been very open about the fact that I suffer from anxiety. And I've blogged a couple of times about how I don't get writer's block. I get writer's anxiety. Meaning, I know what I want to happen I just get so worried about a number of factors that I can't bring myself to put it on paper. I'm struggling from this problem right now with Before Hope Dawned.
- Secret Project- Secret Project will be my MFA thesis. I have to get it plotted out before residency, and I'm having a hard time with this. I have a thorough concept and a lot of character development but I'm struggling with specific plot points. And I think this may turn into a trilogy that I need to plot at one time.
- Darkness Within- My famous CP Kelly Hashway had a new book come out yesterday.
"After dying of cancer at seventeen and being brought back to life by an evil witch who turned her into a monster, Samantha Thompson thinks she's finally gotten past all the tragedy in her life. Now she's part of a coven of good witches who are helping her and her boyfriend, Ethan Anderson, learn to use the powers they received from other witches. Aside from the fact that Sam and Ethan are still in hiding from their old lives--the ones they had before Sam was brought back to life--things couldn't be better. Sam and Ethan are inseparable. What could go wrong? Magic. Ethan's magic came from a witch who'd turned as evil as possible, and though his coven thought he'd be fine, the more he uses his magic, the stranger he starts acting. The magic inside him is changing who he is. One minute he's Sam's sweet, perfect Ethan and the next, he's a complete stranger. Even with all her witchy power, Sam is helpless against the magic corrupting Ethan. Can Sam find out what's wrong with him before she loses him to dark magic forever?"
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)