Friday, December 27, 2013

Big Dreams Bloghop

The Big Dreams bloghop is hosted by Misha Gericke and is a chance for writers to check-in on their goals. I have two goals: earn a million dollars by 2024, and to help me do this write a million words. (You become an expert at a million words). My goals for December were to complete a couple of test manuscripts as part of the selection process for a paying gig, critique two manuscripts for my CP, and self edit Perfect Harmony and get into the hands of readers. I've done everything but getting Perfect Harmony edited. I hope to do that by the end of the month though. I still have a few days ;). My goals for January are to find a day job, complete a second round of agent edits on Finding Hope, survive my first MFA residency, and write 40,000 words of The Last Marlowe Girl.

What are your big dreams? What's your goal for the month?

10 comments:

  1. This is great Beth! I think writing a million words is a great first step goal to earning a million dollars. Often writers don't focus enough on writing which is the real way to get your name out there and earn more. Good luck with your goals! My first goal for January/February 2014, other than finishing some revisions and a new book I'm working on is to get an agent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get an agent Patrice! I'm sure you will. You have connections and you know so much!

      Delete
  2. Wow looks like you're well on your way towards achieving your goal.

    Mine's also staying the same. My January goal will be something like finishing another round of edits to my contracted sequel, and maybe getting the major edits for Birds vs. Bastards out of the way so that I can maybe start querying by February.

    Have a wonderful, prosperous 2014. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a full plate as usual, Beth. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck with your goals, Beth. I think you'll succeed. I'd like to finish my wip and submit it. Also to revise another story according to the editor's suggestions, and to write a new story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got so much to do -- but you've already done a lot, and I believe you can do it! Good luck with the editing, the job hunting, and the residency. It's so exciting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's to those Big dreams coming true, Beth! I have to go get me some of those for 2014 and fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your plans and best wishes for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year - ish! to you ;) You are gonna have a busy January!

    Seems to me you've made great progress on heading for your dream.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've accomplished so mych already, Beth! Hope 2014 sees you with even more success! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete