Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Re-Do Days & The Bookstall Winner

Have you ever had a day you just wanted to do over? I have. And they're becoming more frequent. I'm behind again. I think I should stop saying I'm behind and realize that underachieving is my new norm.

I had such big plans for yesterday. Yesterday could have kept me from being behind. But I woke up with a stabbing pain in the back of my leg. I screamed out, "Ooh, oh oh oh!" My poor husband freaked. He kept asking what hurt and struggled to get around the couch in front of me. (Sleeping in the bed hasn't been comfortable for more than a month). I managed to get myself up into a seated position and with my legs bent the pain subsided enough I was no longer screaming out. He touched my leg and said I had a tight spot he could feel. He rubbed it, which worked until I stood up. Screamed returned. This time he put icy hot down the back of my leg. Yay! I could walk, but it didn't feel good.

In addition to this I just felt exhausted. I couldn't decide between sleeping it off and trying to work it out. I went with the second. A decision that lasted all of ten minutes which is about how long it took me to realize I was too tired to hold myself up. I spent most of the day laying on the couch with a cushion under my knees.

Today, I'm nauseous and dizzy. I've had a good three or four hours, got plenty of day job stuff done. Unfortunately, I haven't touched my story and the submission deadline is coming up. I want to go to B&N and try to write,or even sit up on my couch and write here, but I'm so tired I doubt either happen.
And so behind is my new norm.

On another note, the contest winner is Maggie.

How is life going for you? Are you behind? Ahead of the game?


4 comments:

  1. I hope you're doing better, Beth. Any idea what the problem is with your leg?

    I'm ahead today. I wanted to write between 1500 to 2000 words and steamed out 2500 words instead. 3-4 K more and I'm finished my first draft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go and congrats on being so close to done with your first draft.

      It was just a muscle spasm. They are apparently not uncommon in the third trimester, but wow I will be so happy when ELF gets here.

      Delete
  2. I hate that feeling of being behind! Sometimes, like you said, you've just got to accept that it's the norm for a bit. And that eventually it will pass, and you'll be a getting-things-done machine. :)

    Best of luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh that doesn't sound good. Maybe you should go see a doctor?

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete