Monday, February 15, 2016

Social Media Nightmares.

I'm just going to dive right in and admit I made social media mistakes twice in a month. The result has me wanting to stay away from social media, and yet, I feel that would be as bad for my career as the mistakes I've made which I am sincerely sorry for.

Back in January, I blogged about my experience with traditional publishing. I thought that the honesty of it would help other writers and that it was cathartic for me to get over the experience and get out there again. However, I learned that some of my statements had been construed negatively against another individual.  I am sincerely sorry the post came across this way, and I really hope my words didn't cause anyone problems. And I take 100% of the blame for this.

More recently I wrote a post "Be Beyonce." If you took the time to read the post, it was more about being willing and able to reinvent yourself as an artist and change with the times than it was about the singer. I thought that it's the same for authors. When one genre is abandoned we may have to find something else to write. I had no idea there was an on-stage incident during the Half Time Show, and  I've since taken the post down not because of the content, but because of bad timing.

We can't control the way what we write will be interpreted, but we can and should control the what we write.

3 comments:

  1. Strange, I didn't see anything negative to either of those posts, but then, I missed the Half Time Show thing. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really didn't either. I actually hoped they would be helpful, but you see negativity is in the eyes of the beholder, and I want to have a professional digital footprint. Even if it's pink ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't see the Superbowl or halftime show. But yeah, sounds like some really terrible accidental timing on your part. Another case of a celebrity letting us down!

    ReplyDelete