Saturday, April 7, 2012

G = Grace

The A-Z blogging challenge is being hosted by Tossing It Out. My A-Z selections are a Beth's Pick unless otherwise noted.

Grace is the main character from The Dark Divine series and I love her and I love the series. She's stronger than a lot of female MCs and while she is altruistic it's believable in her world and it's balanced. Grace does care about people and isn't in the least bit self-centered, but every now and then you get a glimpse that she would like to be. That doing the right thing is right, but not always fun. It makes her a realistic character. She's strong enough to fight for what she wants/needs and the people she cares about, and I like the way she's true to her beliefs. What I love about the series is the mixture of paranormal and religion because from my perspective if magic exists God is why. It's also an interesting twist on the YA wolf books ;).

2 comments:

  1. That book sounds pretty good! I often read books to see if they are appropriate for my kids at their current age. Loved what you said about God and magic. Amen, sister.
    Tina @ Life is Good
    Co-Host of the April A to Z Challenge
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am stopping by on my way through the A-Z Challenge. I haven't ever heard of that book, sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete